You can create variants of handlers, routers, validators and form validators that you can use in the same way in an interactive form as the standard (default) versions. Variants of handlers, routers, validators and form validators allow you to save time because you can prefill and/or hardcode values that you would otherwise have to fill in each time you add one of these to a form. In addition, you can substitute your own text in messages that appear in interactive forms instead of using the default values defined in XperienCentral in all the available languages.
Creating a Variant
To create a variant, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Maintain > Variants.
- In the upper right side of the Variants dialog box, click [New].
- In the "Name" text box, enter the name of the new variant.
- In the "Description" text box, enter a description for the new variant.
- Select the type the variant is based from the left-hand drop-down list.
- Select the specific Handler, Router, Form Validator, or Validator from the list to base the variant on.
Click [OK]. The parameters and properties of the variant appear based on the specific item selected appear as described in the following table. Modify the properties for the variant. Not all variants contain the complete set of properties as described below.
Property Description Name The internal name of the variant. Description The internal description of the variant. Favorite Handler variants can be marked as a favorite in order to ensure that it appears at the top of the list of handlers in a step's properties. See Interactive Form Settings for complete information. Language The e-mail address that appears in the "From" field of the e-mail message. Identifier
The internal identifier of the parameter. See Renaming Identifiers for information about renaming an identifier.
GX Software highly recommends that all form fragment identifiers be unique.
Editable Specifies whether the value of the parameter is editable in the Handler, Router, Form Validator or Validator when added to an interactive form. Visible Specifies whether the value of the parameter is visible in the Handler, Router, Form Validator or Validator when added to an interactive form. Default Value You can enter a default value for a parameter that appears in the Handler, Router, Form Validator or Validator when added to an interactive form. Name The internal identifier of the language label parameter Default Value The default value of the language label. Custom Value You can enter a custom value for a language label that will override the default value.
- Modify the properties to your desired values for all available languages and then click [Apply]. In an interactive form, the variants you create appear in the list together with the default Handlers, Routers, Validators, and Form Validators that come with GX WebManager.
Editable and Non-editable Properties
In handler, router, form validator and validator variants, you can specify whether a property is editable in an interactive form. This is useful for situations where you want to hardcode a value in order to prevent it from being modified. Select whether a property is editable or non-editable.
Visible and Non-visible Properties
In Handler, Router, Form Validator and Validator variants, you can specify whether a property is visible in an interactive form. This is useful for situations where you want to hardcode and hide a value. Select whether a property is visible or non-visible.
For handlers, routers, form validators and validators that display messages, you can define custom language labels for all the supported languages. The text that you define displays instead of the default text. If no custom value is added, the default text is used.
For each variant that you create, you can define the roles that are authorized to add it to an interactive form. By default, a variant inherits the permission(s) from the original. To see what role/permissions are assigned to handlers, routers, form validators and validators, see the "Permissions" tab in the User Authorization dialog. See Forms Authorization for information about the permission categories that exist for the Interactive Forms module and their default permissions per user role.
To assign one or more roles to a variant, follow these steps:
- Select "Define permission for this variant".
- Click [Apply].
- Click "Add role" to expand the role drop-down list.
- Select a role.
- Click [Apply]. The role is added.
- Repeat the previous steps for each role you want to assign. The roles appear in the table. For example:
Deleting a Role
To remove a role from a variant, follow these steps:
- Select the checkbox in the "Delete" column for the role you want to delete.
- Click [Apply]. For example:
- The role is removed.