The following applies to XperienCentral versions R33 and higher.
XperienCentral is slowly migrating the form fragment presentations to the HTML 5 input types. Some of these fields have a default validation method in the browser. In order to enable this we've added a new presentation property on the FormStep presentation called "Enable HTML 5 default validation". This property is set to false disabled by default , so that it and therefore adds a
novalidate attribute to the form tag of the form. If you want to enable the default HTML5 validation, create a design template variant for the FormStep presentation and set the value to "trueYes". Follow these steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > Design Templates.
- Select "FormStep" from the Scope drop-down list.
- Select "FormStep" from the Design Template drop-down list.
- Click [New Design Template Variant].
- Define the properties for the new variant and select "Yes" for "Enable HTML 5 default validation":
- Save the variant.