- For legal reasons, some entities are required to keep audit trail information for a specific amount of time or dating back to a specific time. Before purging audit trail information, be certain that no restrictions apply to the information in question.
- When audit trail information is purged, this has a direct effect on what information is available. Because a purge of the audit trail begins with the inception of a content item, you will no longer be able to see who initially created the first version. Depending on how/when you purge the audit trail, you may also see the message ‘No entries found’ when attempting to view the audit trail for a content item.
- The purge action cannot be undone.
To purge data from the Audit Trail, follow these steps:
- Select the channel from which to purge Audit Trail data from the drop-down list.
- In the date/time fields, enter the date and time up to which you want to purge Audit Trail data or use the date picker to select the date.
- Click [Purge]. All data that matches the selected date/time criteria will be purged from the Audit Trail.