You can tailor the Interactive Forms component for your particular situation by selecting which form elements, handlers, routers, and validators are available for creating forms. Making one or more of these items unavailable is useful if you want to prevent it from being used, if you only use a subset of all the available form elements, handlers and/or routers or you want to simplify the user interface.
Beginning in XperienCentral version 10.19.1, you can mark handlers as favorites to make them always appear at the top of the list of available handlers.
In This Topic
Interactive Forms Configuration
In the Settings menu you can decide which form elements, handlers, routers, and validators are available for creating forms. This makes it possible to control which items can be used in a form.
Follow these steps to configure Interactive Forms:
- In XperienCentral, navigate to Configuration > Interactive Forms.
- In the Interactive Forms component, navigate to Maintain > Settings.
- To make a form element, handler, router or validator unavailable, clear the checkbox next to it.
- Repeat the above step for each item you want to make unavailable.
If you make an item unavailable that is already used in a form, it will remain part of that form. Form elements that have been made unavailable but which exist in a form can still be copied to the Interactive Forms Clipboard and pasted within that form and in other forms.
- To make a form element, handler, router, or validator once again available, select the checkbox next to it.
- Click [Apply].
It is possible to mark handlers and handler variants as favorites. When a handler is marked as a favorite, it will appear in the top part of the list of available handlers in a form step's properties. This is useful if you enable all or most of the available handlers and want to make it easier for editors to find the most often used handlers in the list. It is also useful if you simply want to highlight one or more handlers by ensuring that they are always at the top of the list of available handlers. If you mark multiple handlers as a favorite, they will appear at the top of the list of handlers in ascending alphabetical order. Favorites are channel dependent which means that other channels can have a different set of favorites.
Marking a Handler as a Favorite
To mark a handler as a favorite, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Maintain > Settings in the Interactive Forms panel.
- Click the star next to the handler(s) you want to make a favorite. The star turns orange indicating that the handler is a favorite. For example:
- Click [
Marking a Handler Variant as a Favorite
To mark a handler variant as a favorite, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Maintain > Variants in the Interactive Forms panel.
- Select the handler variant you want to mark as a favorite from the list of handler variants.
- Click the star next to "Favorite". The star turns orange indicating that the handler is marked as a favorite. For example:
- Click [Apply]. In this example you would see the variant "Load from querystring variant" in the favorites section at the top of the list for a form step: